- This event has passed.
Women in Identity – Canadian Kickoff and Networking Night
11 February @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST
Please join us as we launch Women in Identity Canada.
Why Join Women in Identity?
- Make a difference in the future of identity by learning about unconscious bias so we can change the way we code;
- Learn from international leaders providing thought leadership in the identity space;
- Network with practitioners as we collaborate and answer next generation identity questions;
- Share best practices on social issues such as the development of identities for refugees.
What can I expect at the event?
The WiD Canada launch will be an exciting event as we look to inspire, elevate and support a more diverse workforce in the identity industry. Light refreshments will be served.
- Kickoff with WiD Canadian Ambassador Melissa Carvalho, VP – Identity & Access Management at RBC, and Co-Leads Nicole Landry and Chanda Jackson;
- Panel and networking featuring international leaders
- Kris Lovejoy, EY Global Cybersecurity Leader;
- Ray Boisvert, Associate Partner, IBM Security; Assistant Director (retd), Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).
Do you still have questions?
- Q: I am not a woman. Can I attend WiD events?
- A: Definitely! WiD events are for everyone. We encourage all who strive for a future of diversity and equality free of bias to join us.
- Q: May I bring a colleague or friend?
- A: We have secured a large space and look forward to meeting everyone. Please feel free to bring your colleagues, friends, mentors, mentees, students, etc. We ask that each attendee register for a free ticket.
- Q: I’m not in the identity field. May I attend?
- A: Absolutely! If you do not work in the identity field then we are certain you use identity technology. We want differing perspectives to help shape the future and break down bias. We look forward to incorporating a vast array of ideas. All are invited and welcome to join whether you’re a senior IAM practitioner, casually interested in the field, looking to make a change or exploring how identity impacts your life.
- Q: Where is the WiD kickoff event?
- A: The event is at WaterPark Place, 88 Queens Quay West, Toronto. Once you arrive, look for event volunteers to point you toward the auditorium.
This is a free event, however you must register and present your ticket at the door to attend. Sign up soon… quantities are limited!