How we collect your personal data
The data we collect about you depends on the nature of your relationship with us and may include contact details, location, date of birth, gender, employment details, education details, visual images, audio clips, filmed images, and information to support your participation and attendance at events.
We collect data about you when you:
- visit our Site and online platforms;
- sign up for our newsletters or mailing lists;
- communicate with us by phone or email;
- interact with us on social media;
- interact with us in person at events;
- provide content for our Site;
- submit award nominations;
- complete surveys or questionnaires;
- register for our events;
- attend an event;
- take part in research;
- give us feedback; and
- otherwise interact with us.
In some cases, we may also collect data about you from third parties or from public sources of information such as your company website. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, or Twitter, you might give us permission to access data from those services, for example when you publicly tag us in an event photo.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide you with information, products, and services that are now, or may become, available. This includes using personal data to:
- carry out our mission and purposes;
- maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- communicate with users;
- facilitate registration or enrollment;
- respond to requests for information;
- manage our membership records;
- deliver our products, services, and events;
- promote our products, services, and events;
- manage nominations for awards;
- maintain records of partners or affiliates;
- maintain our own accounts and records;
- provide news, updates, and opportunities that may be of interest;
- engage in statistical analysis, research, and other analytical activities;
- monitor the site for compliance with the law; and
- carry out other purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Sharing your personal data
There may be times when we share your data with third parties to provide a product or service, organize or promote an event, or share an opportunity. This may include us sharing your information with:
- your consent or as disclosed to you;
- contractors or vendors to supply products and services;
- venues or vendors delivering events, training, conferences, awards, etc.;
- partners and sponsoring organisations;
- regional hubs and networks; and
- other parties to the extent necessary to protect our rights and the rights or safety of third parties, including to protect the security and integrity of the site.
We will NOT share your data with any third-party marketing companies.
[When you use our Site, we collect your personal information using “cookies” and other tracking methods. The Site uses the following cookies:
_ga: type http, initiation: script tag, delay: 2 years (distinguishes users, records IP address of users computer)
_gat: type http, initiation: script tag, delay: 1 day (throttling the request rate, limiting the collection of data during high traffic period)
_gid: type http, initiation: script tag, delay: 1 day (adds a unique identifier to distinguish users)
trx_addons_is_retina: type http, initiation: script tag, delay: 1 year (checks if the users screen is optimised for retina resolution)
In addition, we may receive information about the type of device you’re using to access our Site and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
By law, you have the following rights in relation to the data we hold on you:
- You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Subject Access Request” in the subject line.
- You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the data we hold.
- You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your data for various reasons. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct.
- You have the right to have data that we hold about you deleted.
- You have the right to obtain and transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
- You have the right to object to, and to not be subject to, automated decision-making in ways that may adversely affect your legal rights.
- Where you have provided consent to use your data, you have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. In some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by law having a legitimate reason for doing so.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ or by email to email@example.com. We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavour to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay. Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances.
Queries and concerns
Changes to this Policy